I usually yawn at race-baiters these days, but “Reverend” Jesse Jackson has taken plantation politics to a whole new level. At a recent Tampa Bay rally on July 26, Mr. Jackson made the nefarious claim that……………wait for it……….….black people are Big Government! An entire race of people is now one big monolithic-thinking entity that thrives off of Uncle Sam as a life force. Congratulations “Rev”! You have upgraded your race card to platinum status now.
His reasoning for making this claim is saturated in the social justice rhetoric that black people make up a large proportion of government sector jobs (i.e. public sector unions). Therefore, if groups like the Tea Party are in the business of shrinking the size of government, they are waging war on the black race. Nothing can be more ridiculous.
According to a study done by Steve Pitts at UC Berkley’s Center for Labor Research and Education, blacks comprise 14.5% of the public sector. Excuse me Mr. Jackson but who are the other groups that comprise the remaining 85.5%???? So let’s get this straight. In the Tea Party’s evil and diabolical plan to take down the black man (by shrinking government), they must wage war against a majority of other white public sector workers as well? Does “The Rev” realize that the Tea Party must take down exponentially more white workers in the process to pull this conspiracy off? More importantly, where is the proof of this Tea Party conspiracy? Are Jesse Jackson’s claims true simply because he said so? Somebody please remind me of why people take Jesse Jackson serious again?
Sorry to burst your bubble liberals but the principle of small government is not a race issue. Rather it’s an issue of history, freedom, economics and the Constitution. Conservatives understand that by nature law (government) is force. This force can be a dangerous entity if not constrained. That is precisely why Thomas Jefferson said, “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.” The Constitution was purposely written against big government because history reveals overt tyranny, slaughter and corruption when too much power is concentrated into a ruling body. Even founding father Patrick Henry said, “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government—lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” (Pssst! Just a random side note here: Somebody please tell “The Rev” that small government proponents PREDATE public sector unions).
Additionally, liberal states with swollen government such as New York, Illinois, California and Connecticut are on the verge of bankruptcy. Several Republican Governors as of late have been demonized for asking unions to pay more money into their own health and retirement plans. The left would have you to believe that fiscal solvency is evil. Jesse Jackson’s latest stunt of equating the black race with Big Government reveals the Democrat’s weak strategy of identity politics. What’s even sadder is that Mr. Jackson is brainwashing his audience and teaching them that Big Government is a trigger word or code language for black people. With brainwashing at this magnitude, it is no wonder why one can almost never have an honest conversation about the real issues (such as economics, law, principles, and history) with the left. Liberals’ fixation and obsession with race reveals an epic character flaw, as they are restricted to false talking points and empty accusations. By the way, this intellectually dishonest rhetoric that Mr. Jackson spewed is a prime example of why I became a Conservative in the first place. I grew weary of the so-called black leaders talking to the black community as if we were idiots. Freedom lovers, Tea Partiers, Constitutionalists, do not give power or fold to this weak tactic. Expose it for what it is and show the world how shallow and superficial plantation politics are. “The Rev” needs to be reminded to respect blacks as individuals instead of using an entire race as a collective talking point for his personal gain.