Reuters Releases Damning Emails:Hilary Assembles Legal Team

Shocking news hit the wires last night as Reuters released emails they obtained from the state department that clearly indicate the government new about the nature of the attacks in Benghazi only two hours afterwards, contradicting the Obama administration’s days long claim that an obscure YouTube video was “responsible” for the attacks. The emails also reveal that the terrorist group Ansar al-Sharia claimed responsibility almost immediately.

——The first email, timed at 4:05 p.m. Washington time – or 10:05 p.m. Benghazi time, 20-30 minutes after the attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission allegedly began – carried the subject line “U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi Under Attack” and the notation “SBU”, meaning “Sensitive But Unclassified.”

The text said the State Department’s regional security office had reported that the diplomatic mission in Benghazi was “under attack. Embassy in Tripoli reports approximately 20 armed people fired shots; explosions have been heard as well.”

The message continued: “Ambassador Stevens, who is currently in Benghazi, and four … personnel are in the compound safe haven. The 17th of February militia is providing security support.”

A second email, headed “Update 1: U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi” and timed 4:54 p.m. Washington time, said that the Embassy in Tripoli had reported that “the firing at the U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi had stopped and the compound had been cleared.” It said a “response team” was at the site attempting to locate missing personnel.

A third email, also marked SBU and sent at 6:07 p.m. Washington time, carried the subject line: “Update 2: Ansar al-Sharia Claims Responsibility for Benghazi Attack.”

The message reported: “Embassy Tripoli reports the group claimed responsibility on Facebook and Twitter and has called for an attack on Embassy Tripoli.”—–

Despite all this evidence the and the White House’s own recanting of the video claim, “journalist” Chris Matthews did this Tuesday night  on live television:

Everybody knows it’s about the video, Chris? Erin Haust of Conservative Daily News reports today that Hilary Clinton has assembled a legal defense team to deal with any fallout. We now know with certainty that she knew the truth at the time of the attacks. That makes her claims, Obama’s claims, and the ads they ran in Pakistan apologizing for the video an outright lie. We’re not just talking about a glossed-over statement or two during regular White House briefings. We’re talking about days and days of intentional lies and misdirection from the President’s administration. Can Obama supporters really continue to cling to the lie that he knew nothing when his own Secretary of State provably knew the truth of the matter in real-time? At best this proves he is an incompetent leader who ignores his cabinet intel; at worst it proves he’s a liar.

As usual it is left to the New Media to disseminate the truth. Every American of every political stripe should be disturbed by these revelations. Every American has the right to cast their vote for whichever candidate appeals to them; but let that vote be cast on the truth, not misinformation and outright deception.

2 Comments

  1. J says:

    The relentless attacks by the media against Romney in the days following the Libya terrorist attacks;

    Candy Crowley getting her facts incorrect about whether the Libyan attacks were terrorism during a Presidential debate (and recanting after the debates when noone was watching);

    Media outlets, with few exceptions, refusing to talk about the Libyan terrorist attacks in a manner that’s critical of this administration;

    The Obama Administration not being called out by the media for blaming a video on the terrorist attacks, …

    AND NOW, Reuters, who decides to wait UNTIL AFTER THE DEBATES ARE OVER to release this information about the facts about what Obama knew about the terrorist attacks in Libya…These are ways in which the media has withheld facts, distorted the truth, and suppressed information that is unfavorable to the Obama administration in order protect his chances at being reelected.

    Unfortunately, although Romney had it right all along, the media played these roles to make him look like an uninformed jackass to the American people on the topic of Libya during the debates.

    Shame on Reuters for releasing this damning information after the debates when tens of millions of uninformed and undecided American people are no longer watching. And now that the debates are over, President Obama and his administration can no longer be held accountable and publicly exposed in front of the American public. Absolutely disgraceful. Disgusting.

  2. rich b says:

    We can’t really say the Omama ignored the intel when it’s been proven by his own White House records that he skipped many, if not most of the intel briefings. Those pesky intel meeting got into the way of something more serious – his campaigning.

    Ignorance is one thing – but criminal negligence is an impeachable offense if I’m not mistaken. Of course that will never happen considering the cowards in Congress these days. The best we can hope for is a Romney win and a Senate majority by conservative republicans. Then maybe, some of the damage of the last four years can and will be undone.

Leave a Comment